The last few days have been productive, to say the least! I made arrangements for next weekend and next faire season. Greg came up for the night, as Mom had Bunco with her ladies, so it was a night of elbow grease. When my new fridge was delivered, the delivery guys neglected to ask if they could switch the door, and I neglected to ask; so Greg and I did it together. What a pain in the arse!!! But, infinitely better. We switched out showerheads with one that is adjustable and allows water out of every hole. Now I have options when I shower, what a concept! Chipotle and a Costco Meritage rounded out an evening of good conversation and even and epiphone or two.
Today, I figured out my new-to-me DVD player, worked out, got to chat with a dear, dear, dear friend and even made plans to SEE her. Woah! I made arrangements to meet with other friends, just as I'd hoped.
Tonight, I found myself making dinner of stir fried veggies and brown rice. It was super easy to put it together because the kitchen was miraculously clean already. I am wont to leave my dinner dishes to the morning, but found myself following the example of an 80+ year young dancer from tv and stretch as I did my dishes. My kitchen is once again clean. I realised that I've been doing my dishes consistently all week. That's a big deal for me!! I really hope THIS is a habit, and I don't want to break it, either.
Tomorrow, more working out, new veggies to be bought and at least three job applications sent out!! I am so behind on the road to life, and when I look at the big picture, it's overwhelming and disheartening. But, the baby steps that I've taken feel good. I think I'll concentrate on them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Its the best way to go. We forget when we are staring at our goals (or trying to figure out what they are) how important the journey itself is.
ReplyDeleteIt is amazing how good doing the simple things for yourself feel!