I am at square one, apparently. At the age 34, this is not the best place to be, because there have been nigh on 15 years of failure and floundering with nothing to show for it. However, I will do my best to turn that frown upside down, and realise that it’s a clean slate. That I can do almost anything I want from here.
So, what do I want to do when I grow up?
I’m apparently un-hirable, since nobody will even talk to me, let alone give me a job. I’m too old to think about starting a family, unless Nathan Fillion meets me; inevitably falls in love with me; and marries me within the year and we start our family right away. (A girl can dream!) I'm not creative or crafty enough to start my own business. However, I’m smart and very capable. I should be able to think of something!
I just don’t want to incur any more debt. I’m almost debt-free now, and would like to stay that way. However, I think my only real options all include going back to school full time for a Master’s degree. The only thing that even remotely piques my interest is teaching, but the job market for teachers is almost more abysmal than in the corporate world. So, while my gut twinges in excitement at the thought, my brain conscientiously says “don’t think so.”
Can’t the gods just kiss me on the forehead and show me what I should be doing?! Is that really so much to ask??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment