23 November 2011

Going Postal

For the most part I love technology. I love how instantly we get our information. But, I have realised, it is also infuriating!

I ordered a few items off of Amazon According to the tracking information, it reached Santa Fe Springs, CA on the night of the 21st. That's a 20-30 minute drive from my house...it's the 23rd, and it's still sitting there. I realise it's the holiday season, and they are probably so busy at the USPS, but 2 days? It's been sitting 20-30 minutes away for TWO days.

Also, I had another package coming to me via my "friends" at FedEx...I have a controlled building, but the delivery folk have access, at least UPS and USPS and DHL and a few others I'd never heard of, and they can always call the manager's place to let them in. Apparently, the FedEx guy can't figure out how to get in. This isn't the first time this has happened either, I just found out about it sooner due to email notifications, so I could steam a little longer than usual. At least it isn't like the time when I was sitting at home all day, only to find a "delivery attempt" notice, saying that nobody was home. I only seem to have problems with FedEx, too.

I guess sometimes, knowing right away, what is happening, or how inept people can be isn't always the greatest thing in the world. However, I do still like being connected to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment